Effective June 1, 2020
At Guthrie Pet Hospital, the health and safety of our patients, our clients, our team members and our community are our top priorities. Our Hospital is considered an essential business and has continued to remain open during this time to help serve our patients.
We appreciate your patience during this difficult time. We are happy to announce that our lobby will now be open. However, based on recent recommendations of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), we have decided to limit hospital access to no more than 3 clients at a time. Hospital staff, animal control officers, and essential facility and equipment maintenance and repair personnel will be allowed in the building as needed. In order to continue offering our services and to keep within the recommendations and guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) regarding the transmission of COVID-19, we are making the following changes to our client protocol today and lasting until further notice.
*** NOTE: If pet owners do not wish to comply with these new protocols - they will be asked to reschedule for when the guidelines are no longer in place. ***
Our client protocol is as follows:
- In order to protect the safety of our team, our doctors and other clients, we must insist that all clients showing signs of illness that can be associated with COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc) remain at home. Please have a healthy family member or friend bring your pet to Guthrie Pet Hospital if your pet is needing to be seen for anything that is non-elective (emergency, sick pet, etc). If your pet has an appointment for elective medical visit (vaccines, nail trim, routine lab work, etc.), you will need to reschedule the appointment to a later date.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you should contact our office via text message (405-282-8796) to alert our team that you have arrived and what type of vehicle you are in. Please include your first and last name along with your pet’s name in the text message. If you are unable to send text messages, please call our office to notify the staff you have arrived. Please remain in your vehicle and our staff will notify you when it is time to enter the clinic for your appointment.
- All clients who wish to enter the clinic must wear a mask over their nose and mouth. If you do not wish to wear a mask you may remain in your car for your pet’s appointment and we will send a staff member out to the car to retrieve your pet.
- If you elect to wait in your car for your pet, we ask that you remain on-site in your vehicle during your pet's appointment so that you are immediately available should we have any questions and in order to return your pet as quickly as possible to reduce your pet’s stress. If any additional information is needed prior to performing our diagnostics, or any additional tests are needed beyond the examination, a team member or doctor will contact you via phone.
- We ask that all grooming, surgery, and day admission patients please remain 6 feet from other clients when inside the clinic. Also please note that during this time only 3 clients are allowed in the clinic at a time. We ask that you please exit the building after your pet has been released to our care as to allow other clients to enter the building.
- During this time we are requiring all dogs to be on a leash and all cats to be in carriers.
During this time should your pet need medication or food refills please contact our office by text message 405-282-8796 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have many different options to aid you in receiving these products quickly and safely.
We will continue to strive to offer the same great service while minimizing risk for all parties at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any changes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The Guthrie Pet Hospital Team