Excess weight can lead to health issues, and a decreased life span. It’s important to address weight issues early before these issues arise. Pet weight loss is possible with a plan that includes a consistent routine.
With more than 50% of the pets being overweight, it’s important to be able to recognize the signs of an overweight pet. Recognize the signs and develop a plan for pet weight loss.
- Is it difficult to feel or see your pet’s ribs?
- Is it difficult to see your pet’s waist?
- Is your pet’s abdomen sagging?
- Does your pet’s face look rounder with larger cheeks?
- Is your pet tired or lazy?
This post is sponsored by Hill’s. Dr. Anna is being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight 10 Week Turn Around, but Dr. Anna only shares information she feels relevant to her readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.
Keys to be consistent with pet weight loss:
- Avoid feeding people food and too many snacks. A piece of cheese or a hot dog may be a snack to us, but it’s like a whole meal to a pet. Check out the treat translator!
- Determine an amount of food to feed at each meal. Every bag of food has a feeding chart that helps you determine the amount of food to feed/day. This amount is based on your pet’s weight and may need to be adjusted depending on your pet’s lifestyle.
- Use a measuring cup at each feeding to ensure the proper amount is being fed.
- Be consistent and feed at the same time every day. Dr. Anna recommends feeding your pet twice daily, about 12 hours apart.
- If you have more than one pet, feed them separately.
- Feed a diet designed to help your pet lose weight.
- Regular exercise and training to keep your pet’s mind stimulated. Don’t forget to use the 10 Week Turn Around Calendar to help you develop a consistent routine and keep track of your pet weight loss.
The best thing you can do for your pet’s health is feed proper nutrition every day. The Hill’s Science Diet Adult Perfect Weight Formulas® are proven to aid in pet weight loss in just ten weeks. [Tweet “The best thing you can do for your pet’s health is feed proper nutrition every day.”]
Why should you choose Science Diet Adult Perfect Weight Formulas for pet weight loss?
Breakthrough blend of natural ingredients
Prebiotic fibers for gentle digestion
100% precisely balanced nutrition
70% of dogs and cats lost weight in 10 weeks
Small and toy breed specific formulas are available
Pet weight loss is not an easy task, but it is possible with Hill’s Science Diet Adult Perfect Weight Formulas and a consistent routine of feeding and exercise. Hill’s diets are available from your vet, favorite pet specialty store or online at Pet360.
If you need some extra motivation, enter Hill’s 10 Week Turnaround Sweepstake and you could win a 10-week supply of Perfect Weight for your dog or cat.
If you have an Ask Dr. Anna question you would like answered, please post them in the comment section. Stay up to date on all the latest by subscribing to my blog. Also “like” me on Facebook.
Dr. Anna was born and raised in Guthrie, Oklahoma. As a teenager, Dr. Anna found her beloved pet dead on the side of the road left to die without any help. That was the moment she decided to become a vet and vowed to help other people and their pets. After a few years of practicing in New Hampshire, Dr. Anna became homesick and decided to return to Guthrie to be with her parents and five other siblings. Family and friends are a major part of our lives which is why we treat our clients at Guthrie Pet Hospital as family. Dr. Anna and her husband do not have children but are very proud pet parents and, therefore, treat every four-legged friend as part of the family.