The holiday season is about over – it is a busy time of year for festivities, family and of course, lots of eating! Did you know that if a ten-pound cat ate just one ounce of cheddar cheese from your appetizers, it would be the same as if a person ate three and a half hamburgers or four chocolate bars? Gaining those holiday pounds is not just a problem for humans, but also for our four-legged friends. Maintaining our pet’s weight is an important part of their health and wellness. Continue…
This week Dr. Anna Coffin is highlighting the real life story of Miley. See the amazing results of her 10 Week Turnaround Challenge. Learn some tips and tricks to succeeding at health and wellness in your pet and enter the 10 Week Turnaround Sweepstake!
This post is sponsored by Hill’s. Dr. Anna is being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight 10 Week Turnaround, but Dr. Anna only shares information she feels is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.
Miley is a Golden Retriever who started the 10 Week Turnaround Challenge weighing 90 pounds. With the proper diet, routine, and consistency Miley lost a total of 5 pounds! Read more about Miley’s journey or watch this short video.
Dr. Anna followed a group of 8 bloggers that started their pets on the 10 Week Turnaround Challenge. 100% of the pets lost some weight by the end of the 10 weeks and so can your pet! You too can achieve health and wellness for your pet with the help of Hill’s® Science Diet® Perfect Weight and the 10 Week Turnaround Challenge.
Our pets aren’t in the shape they used to be and it’s time we did something about it. If your pet’s health and wellness are important to you, then follow these tips:
- Make a change in your pet’s diet and make sure you are feeding the proper amount so your pet can be successful at losing weight. 70% of pets lose weight within 10 weeks with Hill’s Science Diet Perfect Weight for dogs and cats.
- Create a routine for health and wellness. Read Dr. Anna’s blog: Create a routine so your pet can achieve a perfect weight.
- Be consistent. Read Dr. Anna’s blog: Consistency is key to pet weight loss
- Take is slow. This is not a fad diet or a race. Download the 10 Week Turnaround Calendar to help stay on track.
- Enter 10 Week Turnaround Sweepstakes for your chance to win a 10-week supply of Science Diet Perfect Weight for your dog or cat. Please read the full Terms & Conditions found on the entry form.[Tweet “win a 10-week supply of Science Diet Perfect Weight for your dog or cat. “]
Photos courtesy of Hill’s
Hill’s diets are available from your vet, favorite pet specialty store or online at Pet360.
If you have an Ask Dr. Anna question you would like answered, please post them in the comment section. Stay up to date on all the latest by subscribing to my blog. Also “like” me on Facebook.
Dr. Anna was born and raised in Guthrie, Oklahoma. As a teenager, Dr. Anna found her beloved pet dead on the side of the road left to die without any help. That was the moment she decided to become a vet and vowed to help other people and their pets. After a few years of practicing in New Hampshire, Dr. Anna became homesick and decided to return to Guthrie to be with her parents and five other siblings. Family and friends are a major part of our lives which is why we treat our clients at Guthrie Pet Hospital as family. Dr. Anna and her husband do not have children but are very proud pet parents and, therefore, treat every four-legged friend as part of the family.